WE DO BUSINESS THE RIGHT WAY
Berwick and Borders House Clearance was established early in 2014. However, business owner Peter Repper has been dealing in second-hand furniture, antiques and bric-a-brac since 1985. He knows the market inside out. Peter occasionally appears on BBC’s Bargain Hunt programme selling odd or quirky items often sourced from local house clearances.
More importantly, Berwick and Borders House Clearance does business the right way, so it is:
- Licensed to carry waste by the Environment Agency
- Insured by Zenith Insurance with Public Liability Insurance of £1,000,000
- Registered with Sita UK (Suez Environment) to dispose of waste under contract terms at Alnwick, Berwick and Hexham Waste Transfer Stations
- Committed to recycling unwanted materials whenever possible
- Happy to donate suitable household items to charities assisting homeless persons (or other charities nominated by the customer)
Quite often clearances have to be undertaken at a difficult and upsetting time for the customer either because of the loss of a loved-one or the upheaval of moving. Berwick and Borders House Clearance is well aware that items have much more than a commercial value – they have a sentimental value too so we operate with tact and respect towards everyone involved in the process. We do go that extra mile to make sure our customers feel comfortable and happy with what was agreed.